Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Sunday, February 3, 2013

Notans, 4th Grade

I have seen Notans posted on many blogs.  Most recently, I saw this lesson posted on Dali's Moustache.  I really like this lesson because it's a great combination of math and art.  My fourth graders have been learning about flips in math, so this lesson is a great art integration lesson. 
 To begin this lesson, we start with a simple black square.  Students then cut very simple designs on each side.  These designs are then flipped out to create the Notan. 
I think these turned out wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. Que buenos trabajos!!!
    http://plasticaenla5del11.blogspot.com.ar/2014/03/con-6-t-m-trabajamos-color.html
    Un saludo Ana.

    ReplyDelete