Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Thursday, February 2, 2012

Penguins, Pre-K

I came across this really cute idea on the blog Just For Fun. The idea from this blog was to create a stamp from a potato, but because I didn't have enough potatoes for 24 preschoolers, I decided to make stamps from craft foam. Basically, I just made a stamp by cutting out a piece of craft foam and then gluing a clothes pin to the top for a handle. After stamping on the body and the wings, we glued a small white oval for the belly. We then used Q-tips to add the feet, beak, and snow to our paintings. While students were working on this, I went around and helped glue a googly eye to their project. These are just too CUTE!

2 comments:

  1. They are great, I used the idea in my kindergarten and children had fun ( http://4littleartists.blogspot.com/2013/02/penguins_10.html) ! Thanks Holly!

    ReplyDelete