Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Friday, December 30, 2011

Space, 5th Grade

My fifth graders have recently been studying space in science class, so I thought I would use this theme in my art class as well. This is an idea I found on the blog SmART Class.To begin this project, I had my students splatter paint stars. While this was drying, I taught my students to draw a rocket on a white piece of paper. Students also drew planets. Everything was then outlined with a black crayon, and painted with liquid watercolors. After this, these were cut out and glued to the black construction paper. This lesson was completed in one 75 minuted class.

No comments:

Post a Comment