Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Optical Illustions, 4th Grade

All kids LOVE optical illusions, and this one is an easy one. I have seen this lesson posted on lots of different sites, so I really have no idea who originally came up with it. It really is a great one though.
Basically, students draw lines to a point in the middle of the page. Then, students draw slightly curved black stripes on each triangle. Lastly, students shade the triangles. The darkest color should be on the edges of the triangle, and the lightest in the middle. This makes it look more like a cone than a triangle. My students seemed to like this lesson very much.

1 comment: