Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Sunday, October 24, 2010

Patterns, Kindergarten

This was a super fun and easy kindergarten lesson. I loved this lesson because it was a simple but fun way to teach the concept of patterns to my little kinders. To begin this lesson, I had the students divide their paper into six sections. Then I had the students use oil pastels to draw a pattern in each section. I emphasized that it needed to be a pattern, and not just random designs. Lastly, students used a light watercolor wash over the whole thing. (I had them paint each section a different color).

These turned out great. I think they came up with quite interesting patterns too!

1 comment: