Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My Awesome Art Room

I finally have an art room! After spending two years teaching on a cart, it is great to have all of this space. This room is great. I have closets, tables, and even a Smart Board. My life could not be any better!It is wonderful to have an art room for the first time.

7 comments:

  1. I really like those black and white images you've got hanging in your room - can you tell about them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I got the idea off of a really cute book I found called "Stick." This is a book that simply takes movies, books, and art history and reduces it to a stick figure. Here is a link to it http://www.amazon.com/Stick-Great-Moments-History-More/dp/0307338592
    I thought the idea was really cute. The top pictures are stick figure depictions of Paul Revere, Mary Poppins, and Harry Potter. In the back of the room I have American Gothic.

    Down on the shelves I have smaller pictures. Those are famous artists reduced to smiley faces. For instance: Van Gogh is missing his ear, Pollock is a bunch a scribles, Rothko is a square smiley face, etc.

    I often show students that when drawing people, it is often easiest to start off with a stick figure.(but not the boring kindergarten type of stick figure. Ours should show movement.) Then we add the meat of the person later. I was hoping that having a few good stick figure examples will help them with this.

    I think it also helps to show that even famous paintings can be reduced to something as simple as a stick figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your room! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I don't know how you did it before! Your room looks great. Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!!! Congrats your room is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete