Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Monday, July 26, 2010

Polymer Clay workshop

The other day I taught a polymer clay workshop for a girl scout troop. This was a two hour workshop with girls around 11-12 years old. When working with polymer clay, it is important to work small. We began by making clay food. I was amazed at their creativity. This little food would be perfect for their dolls. Some students made monsters and animals. Many of them used small pieces of wire for arms, legs, necks, etc.

I think the overall favorite was creating beads. They loved making and stringing their own bead creations. This workshop was so much fun. I think I had as much fun as the students.

2 comments:

  1. One thing I like to do is to have each student make her or her own kind of beads. Then they all share the beads and each child has a few of each kind of bead. (like a new twist on "friendship bracelets". We also do this with pieces of clay cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that idea. I didn't think of having them share their beads. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete