Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Saturday, April 10, 2010

Farms, Pre-K

My little Pre-K students have recently been learning about farms. Before beginning the project, we talked about the things found on a farm. Many students mentioned things like trees, grass, barns, sheep, cows, chickens, birds, and dogs. In this project, I had them create a farm collage.
Students used blue construction paper for the sky and green for the grass. The students cut the barn out of red construction paper. Students used crayons to add details. Some students added window and doors to the barn. Others drew animals and plants in their picture. The final part of this project was to add sheep. The sheep were just cotton balls. Then students drew four lines for the sheep's feet and a circle for the sheep's head.

1 comment:

  1. We thought this was a great craft for preschool children, so we shared it on our site!

    all the best,
    Sherry + Wendy @ Kiboomu

    ReplyDelete