Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Landscape of Rocks, 4th Grade



I wanted to teach my students about foreground, middle ground, and background. I also wanted to show students how to overlap in order to make one object appear closer than another. However, it needed to be simple in order not to frustrate them. When I found this project on the Art Lessons blog, I thought it was perfect.
Basically, we started by drawings rocks, which is great because it is hard to draw a rock wrong. Everyone had to have rocks in the foreground, middle ground, and background. We then used watercolors to color our rocks. The rocks could be as colorful as they wanted. It did not have to be realistic.


1 comment:

  1. :) I'm glad my art work has inspired so many art lessons!!!!!! ha ha They look wonderful...tell your kids the original artist loves their work!!! -Mr. E

    ReplyDelete