Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Saturday, December 5, 2009

Closeup Snowmen, 1st and 2nd Grade



I had my first and second graders create snowmen this week. This was perfect because our first snow of the year happened today. These are closeups of a snowman. Instead of drawing three circles on top of each other, we zoom in and have only a head and body. We drew everything in crayon first, then used tempera paint to color everything.



I can not take full credit for this project. I first saw it on Art Projects for Kids, but I have seen it posted on several other sites since then. This is such a wonderful project. The Kids love it and I love it too.


No comments:

Post a Comment