Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Friday, October 30, 2009

Sunflowers, 3rd and 4th Grade


This is a wonderful time of year for sunflowers. If you can bring real sunflowers into the classroom, that is even better. Many of my students haven't ever seen a real sunflower, since I teach in the suburb of D.C. I taught the students basically how to draw the sunflower and then had students color with oil pastels. I encouraged students to use analogous colors and blend them together with their fingers. (They always love doing this). If they do it right, it looks almost like paint. The backgrounds were painted in watercolor.

No comments:

Post a Comment