Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Southwestern Landscapes, 4th grade






I really like how these turned out. These were done on black paper.

1. show students how to draw hills (draw line on left side to bottom, then switch to the right side). Alternate sides until you get to about the middle of the page.

2. Draw in a expressive sun

3. Show students how to draw the cactus

4. Use chalk pastels to color in the drawing. Mix colors and blend with your finger. (I explain the concept of analagous colors to my students)

5. Use black glue and outline everything. It is important to use the glue like a pen and actually touch the tip to the paper. ( I made the glue by mixing black paint into Elmer's glue).


No comments:

Post a Comment